In 2015, Scissors & Scotch launched with six employees and one shop. Since then, we’ve grown to thousands of members across four states. We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for franchisees to join in on the action. Don’t get us wrong – we love sandwiches, coffee, and convenience stores. But when you franchise with Scissors & Scotch, you have a direct impact on the confidence and good spirits of guys everywhere.
Back up. What is scissors & Scotch?
A few years ago, we made a momentous realization. When it comes to men’s grooming, there are basically three options – your dad’s barbershop, your wife’s salon, or any joint with clips in the name. So, the way most brilliant ideas are born, a few cocktails one night parlayed into a concept that would alter the essence of men’s grooming everywhere. Yeah, that’s full body chills you got there, champ.
At Scissors & Scotch, you can expect the old-school spirit of a barbershop with a new age twist. Classic grooming services, a fully stocked bar and a sleek setting join forces to create one helluva grooming experience for the modern, grown-ass man.
We have serious potential
Fast forward a few years later from the day our doors first opened – we’ve grown exponentially, and we’re looking for awesome people to help us extend the S&S experience in major cities nationwide. This industry is booming with potential, in high demand, and far from ubiquitous – making it an opportunity you’d be a fool to pass up.
We got your back
Through ups, downs, side parts and undercuts, you’ll feel nothing but support. We offer a comprehensive training program for our franchisees and our employees, because we want everyone to be as successful as possible. Our corporate team is dedicated to assisting our franchisees, while continually seeking ways to improve the company.
We have a team of experts
Your success is our success, and vice versa. That’s why we have teamed up with experts to tackle every aspect of the business. From market analysis to advertising, each facet has decades of experience that will set you up for serious success.
- Statistics aren’t our strong suit. That’s why we work with a highly-experienced customer analytics firm to research size, demographics, and competition of your market.
- We don’t believe in guessing games; we believe in strategy. We have partnered with a real estate firm that provides information on landlord reputation, co-tenant strength, traffic patterns and other factors that will increase your likelihood of success.
- We have a team to identify and negotiate key issues there may be with your lease. This means saving you research time and using everyone’s best efforts to maximize the tenant improvement money you’ll get back.
- This group is available to coordinate design with the architect, lead approval process with local government, lead the general contractor bidding process and provide a step-by-step guide for buildout and procurement to equipment and furniture.
Targeted customer marketing
- We have access to a technology platform that automatically sets filters to ensure your ads are hitting the right customers within your market.
- Our agency partner will be continuously updating branded content and providing marketing guidance. Plus, you can leverage any learnings and best practices from other franchisees throughout the country.
We don't have commitment issues
What can we say, we’re relationship people. Our employees, our clients, and our communities are of the utmost importance to us. We’re looking for franchisees who understand what it takes to form, and maintain, positive relationships with each of these groups, respectively.
Our talented stylists, receptionists and bartenders are the best of the best. Our employee turnover rates are 50% lower than the industry average, because we believe Scissors & Scotch is a career move, not a temp job. We’re constantly rethinking how we can compensate and reward our employees, and we’re looking for partners with that same mindset.
- When you notice one-timers quickly becoming regulars, you create a membership program. Our active member base is 1,500+ deep and is growing by the minute. We owe our success to our clientele and fan base, and most of them owe us on the 15th of the month.
- Connections in our communities are an important part of our company. We love partnering with craft breweries for tap takeovers, clothing lines for trunk shows, and other local businesses. We also strongly believe in giving back, which is why we created a Community Impact Fund.